So… I’m really liking being a Paleo and this is one of the recipes I started with, it was a hit!
- Filet of Salmon
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 3/4 c. coconut milk (I use the low fat one)
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 tbs. red curry paste (the paste is much better than the dry spice)
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- Juice of 1 lime
- 4 tbs. Sriracha Pepper Sauce (Otherwise known as “Cock Sauce” because of the photo on the bottle)
- 2 tsp. salt
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup quinoa (I like the red quinoa)
- 1tbs coconut oil
- 2 cups chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups broccoli
- Rinse the Quinoa.
- Heat 1tbs of coconut oil in a sauce pan, add quinoa, cook for about 1 minute (stirring constantly).
- Add the broth to the pan, stir, and bring to a boil. Once boiling cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven at 400° & line a baking dish with foil.
- Pour the coconut milk in a sauce pan over medium heat, once warm, add 1 tbs of coconut oil, the garlic, curry paste, lemon, lemon zest, lime, Sriracha, and salt. Blend together and heat up to a simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Chiffonade the basil leaves and set aside (to do this, lie each one of the leaves on one another, then roll them up and slice).
- Brush the foiled baking sheet with the remaining 1 tbs of coconut oil.
- Place the salmon in the baking sheet and make a couple slits in the filet with a knife.
- Pour the sauce on top of the salmon and add the basil to the top.
- Put the Salmon in the oven and cook for approximately 18-20 minutes (depending on the thickness of the filet).
- Start steaming the broccoli when you put the salmon in.
- Once salmon is done, take out serve with fluffed quinoa and steamed broccoli. YUM!